Reunited and…

… it doesn’t feel so good.

On Friday, Doug Pellerin saw male Whooping crane 5-12 feeding in the field that is normally occupied by 4-12 and 3-14. Within minutes 4-12 showed up and once again chased off his old pal.

I swear this crane probably has nightmares about being chased by 4-12.

5-12 foraging peacefully among the many sandhills, which have begun to gather in larger flocks.

In swoops #4-12 and chases him off.

In swoops #4-12 and chases him off.

1. oma sawyer August 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Way to go #4-12!!
    They are beautiful while grazing in the field; flying; eating watermelon; fishing in their pond or the marshes.
    I am afraid I have fallen in love with the cranes and sandhills!!

Love learning here;

Afraid I know nothing about HTML tags and attributes…….I am a senior-senior.

2. martha Delozier August 16, 2015 2:04 pm

Heather
    I noticed on Wild Earth OM site that they are reminding us to vote for Brooke on the Eagle Rare site. Is there a reason why it has not been put on the Journal? I think people would vote if they were made aware of this.
    Love the picture of 5-12 and 4-12 that are no longer buddies. TY and Doug for them.

• Heather Ray August 17, 2015 3:08 am

Mainly because we only found out this week that Brooke was in the running again for this award.

3. Ruth Mitchell August 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Poor 5-12 he doesn’t understand why 4 is so durn territorial !!!! He will figure it out…and go find his OWN territory soon!

4. Mindy August 16, 2015 11:19 am

Well, no wonder he hangs out with Sandies! He needs to go find 9-14 and 10-14, then he could show up 4-12 and hang with two girls!

5. Kay Huey August 16, 2015 9:03 am

Aww. Poor 5-12. He can’t seem to catch a break. Maybe he thought he had his “best sandie” on and would blend in with the rest of the gang.