Our Incredible Volunteers…

Guest Author – Doug Pellerin

I would like to thank OM for allowing me to work with the young whooping cranes for a fourth season. Each year we have a new class of birds and each class has their own cast of characters. Everybody always asks me if I have a favorite, well I really don’t because how can you pick one of them over another, they are all beautiful and perfect in their own way.

To me, there is nothing more rewarding than working with the cranes year after year, because one year is never like the last one, but every year is amazing in its own way. I will never get tired of working with these magnificent birds, even if I do it another ten years. Thank you OM for giving me the opportunity to be a crane handler.

Fly high and fly free my young friends!

DSC_6160 DSCN0906 DSCN1247

DSC_9188

1. Christy October 18, 2015 1:39 pm

You are perfect in your own way too, Mr. Pelican!

2. Jenny October 17, 2015 10:49 am

Wonderful FJ Doug. Thanks for everything you do! As always, fantastic photos.

3. Carol Berglund October 17, 2015 7:19 am

Thank you, Doug, for all you do and especially for letting two of us get closer to the cranes. And – love your photos!

4. Yvon cox October 16, 2015 5:26 pm

beautiful birds! Would like to learn more about them!

5. Cathy October 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Thank YOU Doug, for having a heart of gold…and a heart for the cranes.

6. Sallly Swanson October 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks so much, Doug, for your dedication to the cranes. I really, really enjoy your photos!

7. rapnblu October 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the amazing pictures, Doug. Here’s to another 10+ years of crane handling for you!

8. Ann Manning October 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Thank you Doug for your time,and your love of these magnificent birds. You have brought so many smiles to so many as we were witness to your love ,and care for the Whoopers. Rest up,and be ready for next season.

9. Kay Huey October 16, 2015 12:51 pm

I so appreciate your sharing heart — as well as your priceless photographs!

10. Mindy October 16, 2015 11:06 am

Great writing Doug! You are an inspiration to so many. We so appreciate and love you for your dedicated service to the beautiful birds we have all fallen in love with. May you be blessed in every way in the coming months….and please visit Chat often….we all love that. You are a fantastic Tume! It shows in the way the birds love you, and all the wonderful pictures you share are beautiful! Thank you Doug!

11. ffmn October 16, 2015 10:33 am

doug, what a wonderful ‘side career’ you have been allowed to experience and work your love and wonders with the young cranes. Thank you!!!

12. birdlady9 October 16, 2015 10:32 am

Beautiful thoughts, Doug. You brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for all that you do for the cranes and for those of us who visit the blind. OM is fortunate to have such a dedicated “tume.” 🙂

13. Lindi Allen October 16, 2015 10:12 am

We thank you too Doug for your time and work with the cranes. We can tell that you truly do care about them.

14. Ruth Mitchell October 16, 2015 10:03 am

Doug we want to thank YOU for the work you do..without you and other volunteers like you, OM could not be doing the work they do. And we also owe you a mountain of thanks for the fabulous pictures that you share with us!!! That picture of one of our babies sitting all cuddled up with his/her head tucked back is just priceless!!!

15. Connie Gratias October 16, 2015 9:58 am

Thank you for all you do!!

16. Patricia Ewing October 16, 2015 9:54 am

Thank you Doug… what a wonderful experience to be able to work with these beauties…