LIVE Stream Presentation

The Apalachee Audubon Society has invited Joe Duff to speak at their meeting this evening and we’ll be LIVE streaming it on our CraneCam channel.

The presentation is scheduled to begin at 7:30 pm Eastern.

1. Catherine Wohlfeil January 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Wonderful presentation and I’m extremely happy about the possibility of seeing chicks continue to be nurtured and raised, while being socialized with adult cranes, at White River Marsh. Now if we can only get the ultralight flights to continue, even if used for localized socialization and exercise, or possibly for training in flock unity and the creation of the ultimate “V”! We’d all support and love to see these graceful giants continue to fly over Wisconsin skies with OM’s aircraft at the lead.

2. Brenda Kerr January 29, 2016 5:50 pm

I missed Joe’s presentation last night.Is it on record somewhere , and if so how can I access it?
    Am anxious to here of the future of the Operation Migration team and what role they will play in the future of the Eastern Group of beautiful Whoopers they worked so hard to establish

• Stacey Bivens January 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Brenda, click on the CraneCam channel link on the LIVE Steam Presentation entry for Jan. 28, 2016. It’s a little choppy, but you’ll get to see Joe’s presentation.

3. Mollie Cook January 29, 2016 5:22 pm

Great presentation Joe & am so excited to be a part of OM’s new direction………there is no better team on earth to get this done for WC recovery!!! Thank you Heather, Jo, all for making it possible for us to be there.

4. Karen January 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Entertaining, informative, and your usual expert presentation. Thank you Mr. Joe Duff and OM. Well done!

5. M January 28, 2016 11:04 pm

What a treat this was tonight! Thank you, Joe (and Jo) for spending time with us and sharing your stories!

6. Junebug January 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks Joe. Enjoyed your presentation. You are a very good speaker and it is interesting to hear your memories of the last 15 years. I have been a long-time follower of OM and felt sad that there wouldn’t be anything to follow after this class. I was happy to hear future plans will still have crane cam and posts so we can follow the cranes. I have never been able to go to a flyover or other events yet I feel like I know the members of the team and the birds through posts. Brooke has entertained us with his posts and Heather has kept us informed on the Social Stream during flights. I will always associate a picture of Colleen coming to the end of migration meeting last year all muddy and I believe missing a shoe or boot. She had been chasing “Marsha” around the muddy marsh. I was sad to hear about “Marsha”. I hope Brooke won the Rare Bourbon grand prize in the contest this year.

7. CrabtowneMd January 28, 2016 9:09 pm

FANTASTIC presentation! Log-in gremlins kept me off chat, but I loved all the stories and followed everyone else’s chatter. So glad to “meet” dlm. Also very glad to hear more about the new direction and realize that OM will still have a huge roll in the recovery of whooping cranes. Hoping tomorrow is a flying day. Thank you JoBel for streaming the talk. SWCDs

8. Lindi Allen January 28, 2016 11:27 am

cool, will try to see it 🙂