Amazon Smile

Amazon_smileAt the beginning of 2014 Amazon.com launched a program titled AmazonSmile. The program is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you.

The added bonus is that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support but naturally, we’re grateful that a number of you have designated Operation Migration!

In fact, since the program launched, OM has received $2015.07 from AmazonSmile!

If you do shop through Amazon and you’ve not yet designated OM as your favorite charity, you can do so by clicking the AmazonSmile graphic above!

For those that already have – thank you!

1. Carol Giancola February 22, 2016 3:04 pm

I have had OM on Amazon Smile for quite some time and appreciate the update, Heather. Will keep it going.

2. Karen Anne February 19, 2016 10:55 pm

That’s great to here that OM will still exist.

The feds are so short sighted and just plain wrong about the migration work. Just when it seemed that things were turning the corner, before so many birds were diverted to the Louisiana project.

I’ve had amazon set up for OM for several years. Folks, remember to go to smile.amazon.com rather than amazon.com. If you sign up but do the latter, amazon is pretty good about doing a popup to remind you, but they don’t do it all the time.

3. Lu Duncan Frank February 19, 2016 10:08 pm

All my purchases on Amazon have been thru smile to OM, and I will continue to do so unless you advise otherwise. Anything to help out!

4. Anna Ely February 19, 2016 4:31 pm

I have Amazon Smile linked to OM and I use Goodsearch linked to OM for all my internet searches. Every little penny and dollar helps!

5. Margie Tomlinson February 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Dear Heather, Was just wondering if the donations through Amazon would be continued to OM. So glad to hear that they will. Have been using that method of contributing to OM for quite awhile now & will “Carry On”! Peace!

6. Barbara Dobbs February 19, 2016 12:50 pm

I clicked to make OM my charity. And Heather, I’m so grateful to hear the beginning of details of OM’s future. I would also love to buy this tee shirt through OM. Just an idea, as I’m sure you guys have soooo much to do. https://teespring.com/whooping-cranes

7. Grandma February 19, 2016 12:00 pm

I, also, have designated OM as my choice on Amazon and am very happy OM will continue to benefit from Amazon!
    I want to take this opportunity to thank all connected with OM for your dedication to the Whoopers!

8. Lara Leaf February 19, 2016 10:43 am

Thank you for bringing this to my attention – I had no idea! Going there now to make it so! I am delighted that anytime I shop Amazon, I know some money will go to OM!

9. Diana Rudloff February 19, 2016 10:20 am

Thanks for the information, Heather. I had been wondering about the future of OM. I designate OM for both Amazon Smile and GoodSearch… so I will continue doing that.

• Heather Ray February 19, 2016 10:58 am

Thank you Diana!

10. Tom Fleming February 19, 2016 8:28 am

I, like so many I’m sure, are very curious about OM’s future following cancelation of ultra lite led WC migration?? Almost like an abandoned/discontinued political run.
    OM has done wonderful works, what beyond ??
    If you still interested in fund raising, Joe Duff must have a plan ??

• Heather Ray February 19, 2016 9:53 am

We will still be involved in Whooping crane releases to build the EMP. The exact form/shape the releases will take is currently being worked out. We will also be involved in aircraft monitoring the existing flock, especially during breeding season, which is quickly approaching. To that end, we are still fundraising. We’re not going anywhere!

• Maxgreenwing Walsh February 20, 2016 9:41 am