Wonders of Migration

Earlier this week Joe talked about the why’s and how’s of bird migration. I came across this incredible story about a stork dubbed Klepetan that I just had to share. (Get the tissues)

Read about Klepetan and his crippled mate and their amazing story here.

Read about Klepetan and his crippled mate and their amazing story here.

1. Donald Huffman April 11, 2016 12:20 am

Thanks Heather.

2. Shirley Green April 10, 2016 7:10 am

I did Google this story. Found lovely photos of Mr Vokic and Malena. She rides around with him in his car! She’s a member of his family while waiting for Klepetan to return. Love it.

3. Carol Giancola April 9, 2016 4:10 pm

And some say animals do not have a soul? Such love! Thank you for sharing this story.

4. Barb April 9, 2016 1:46 pm

Such a nice story. What I find very interesting is that the person who saved the bird, helped build a nest, and the bird actually uses the nest. I wonder if the Father of the bird leads the chicks to Africa, and I wonder if any of their offspring return to the same village. After 14 years, there very well could be a large flock of storks that are isolated from other flocks. This could be a very interesting study for some one. Thanks for sharing.

5. Maryann Stork (no relation!) April 9, 2016 9:08 am

Many many thanks to the schoolteacher Stjepan Vokic, who fixed her wing and kept her in his home for years before helping her to build a nest on his roof. I don’t know if I would have ever thought to do that!

6. Shirley Green April 9, 2016 7:24 am

Oh my, what a beautiful story. And God bless Mr.Vokic who takes such loving care of Malena, keeping her inside during the winter. Thank you Heather. I’m going to Google Klepetan, to continue follwing this story. Tissue was right.

7. Susan Marsh April 8, 2016 7:28 pm

Amazing story. Thank you.

8. M April 8, 2016 3:42 pm

What a wonderful story! You made my day. Thanks!

9. Janet Noxon April 8, 2016 1:37 pm

Heart rendering story!! Neede a tissue for sure!!

10. Russell Allison April 8, 2016 12:44 pm

Great story Heather . I know a lot of Humans who wouldn’t be that Loyal. Thanks for sharing.

11. Kelly April 8, 2016 12:30 pm

Funny to think of ignorant insults such as ‘bird brained’, animal, etc. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if it were true? Then, the airlines could schedule as well as Klepetan and humans could be more loving. 😉

Thanks for the great link!

12. Grandma April 8, 2016 12:01 pm

Beautiful story Heather, thanks for sharing with us!

13. thunder April 8, 2016 11:53 am

Thank you Heather. A very touching love story. I give all birds a lot of credit as we learn more and more about them. 🙂

14. Kasie April 8, 2016 11:25 am

A beautiful story! Thank you, Heather.