Date: January 13 – January 14, 2018
Saturday 6:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge
3121 Visitors Center Road
Decatur, AL 35603
Over 14,000 Sandhill Cranes, along with a growing number of Whooping Cranes from the eastern migratory population, now spend the winter at Wheeler NWR. Festival attendees are able to view the cranes from an enclosed, heated observation tower. Some festival events and activities will include:
• Auburn raptor show
• Brian “Fox” Ellis will appear as John James Audubon
• David Akoubian of Bear Woods Photography (professional wildlife photographer)
• Michael Graham Allen (flutist and builder of ancient flutes of North America and band COYOTE
• A guest speaker from the International Crane Foundation
• Bird walks lead by the Alabama Ornithological Society and Tennessee Valley Audubon
• Children’s activities
• Sunrise breakfast/birding walk with Dwight Cooley
Make plans to visit Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge!